Monday, May 5, 2008

Peanut Butter Cups

I'm not really much of a dessert girl, preferring savory over sweet. At the same time, I cannot resist the urge to create decadent treats to tempt my family and friends. My specific target this time around was my dad, who recently paid me a visit. These turned out to be much richer than the Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake I made for him on Father's Day last year.

I strongly suggest you cut these luscious cups in half before consuming or serving to unsuspecting guests. The combination of crunchy peanut butter, three kinds of chocolate, including a caramel filled bar of fine dark chocolate, are best consumed in moderation to be fully appreciated.

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

1 generous cup of natural crunchy peanut butter, divided
4 1/2 teaspoons of butter, softened
1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
150 gram bar of dark chocolate with caramel


Line 12 regular muffin tins with paper muffin cups.

In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 of the peanut butter, butter, sugar and salt until smooth. Set aside.

In a medium heavy pan, melt the chocolate and remaining peanut butter, stirring until smooth.

Drop a generous tablespoon of the melted chocolate mixture into the muffin cups. Divide the peanut butter mixture evenly over the chocolate. Top evenly with remaining chocolate mixture. Chill until set.

Makes 12 extremely decadent peanut butter cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment