Friday, May 2, 2008

One of those meme things

I've been tagged by Holler for one of the various memes that roam the internet. Due to time constraints and various other distractions, I usually don't bother, even though I appreciate the friendly gesture. Holler is very dear to me however, and since it's about books, I've decided to play along.

I am instructed to pick up the nearest book, turn to page 123, find the 5th sentence and then post the next three sentences.

The proletariat are an additional population that, without new opportunities of employment, would never have grown up. The fall in average income occurs simply because great population growth generally involves a greater increase of the poorer, rather than the richer, strata of a population. But it is incorrect to conclude that anybody needs to have become poorer in the process.

F.A Hayek, The Fatal Conceit

Now I am supposed to tag five others. Normally I help kill these things by not tagging anyone, but my curiosity about other people's reading material gets the better of me this time. My choices are Darcey, Lucy, Ricki, Kevin, and Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment