Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Caesar Salad

Since I started making my own salad dressings, I've not once purchased the bottled kind at the store. The premade varieties are rather expensive in comparison, and tend to be full of preservatives and of inferior quality and taste. Besides, it's ridiculously easy to make up a cup or more of fresh dressing, like my famous Caesar dressing for example.

I was on the lookout for a really good creamy Caesar salad dressing for years, and my search came to an end while browsing through the food section of a newspaper. I modified it a bit and now it's a staple recipe, as it's the best Caesar salad dressing I've ever tasted. Many of my dinner guests have requested the recipe after tasting my Caesar salad.
Caesar Salad Dressing

1/4 - 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
2 - 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1/4 - 1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, grated


1. Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, mustard and pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well blended.

2. Drizzle in the oil and add the cheese.

3. Add to a large head of romaine lettuce broken into pieces, toss and serve.
A splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice can also be added if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment