Monday, July 18, 2011

Egg Chowmein Recipe (Egg Noodles)

Egg chow mein is one of the most favorite dish I love to have at road side thelas.Most of the time after college in the evening time we grouped together to have cow mein.Its just awesome with chopped onions.

But last time when I had it on roadside vendor I forget.Recently tried near to my house,But it was not that tasty and even doesnt look hygienic.So one day I decided to prepare egg chow mein at home.I surfed many websites for the recipes and finally come up with my own recipe,which definitely includes my favorite items. I tried it in my ways and luckly it was very good.
So lets share my recipe.Nothing secret ingredients I have used.I used only the very common masalas that available at home, even less what ever is mentioned in many websites.
Preparation time: 30 min
Ingredients:  Chowmein 1 packet (enough for 2 people)
                   Bean finely chopped
                   Cap cecum  finely chopped
                   Carrot chopped in small size
                   2 Green Chilli finely chopped
                   1 chopped tomato
                   2 big Onion chopped
                   Chicken Masala
                   Jeera powder
                   Turmeric Powder
                   2 eggs
                   3 tbsp soyabean oil (I use generally this)
                   Soya sauce: 1 teaspoon
                   Salt to taste
                   1/2 spoon sugar

Preparation: First of all need to boil the cow mein properly.Take water in a bowl and add salt and sugar in it and boil.Now add the chow mein and cook for 2-3 min in medium flame.Dont over cook the chow mein,need to take care of that.Now immediately drain all the water and rinse cold water to the chow min so that each one can separate from other and then dry them under fan. You can put some oil over them so that they look smooth and separate.

Now heat the pan and add oil.Add the onions first and then rest of the chopped vegetables.Add salt and turmeric powder and fry till they turn into brown.Now there I did the experiment,You might feel this is different,but this really worked.Instead of any other masala,I added little bit of chicken masala and jeera masala..Stire them for a min and then add the chow mein.And mix everything properly.After that add the soyasauce to it.Now you can feel the aroma of chow mein.

Fry them properly and then take the noodles and veg mixer to a another dish.Now heat the pan and add oil.Now we need to put the raw eggs to it with salt and make it like egg bhurgi.Into this add the chow mein mixture. Mix them properly and then add some sugar and little bit salt as per taste.

This is done,You can now serve this hot in a dish sprinkling chopped onions oiver it with tomato sauce on it.

This is really tasty and  very healthy compared to the roadside verdors chow mein.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much sharing the Chow mein Recipe .. I have tried the same recipe.. Just want to share with you.. Do try to visit my place when time permmits Egg Chow mein
    I love to have your feed back..
    Happy blogging
    Have a good day dear!

    ReplyDelete