Wednesday, June 30, 2010

No Croutons Required - The Winner for June and the Theme for July

The challenge for June was to come up with a vegetarian soup or salad featuring zucchini (or courgette as it is also known as). We received lots of wonderful entries this month and I am certain it was hard to choose a favorite, but a winner we have. Congratulations to Vanessa of Sweet Artichoke who submitted this mouthwatering Zucchini and Lentil Cold Soup. This would be ideal for those hot summer days.

I will be hosting the July edition of No Croutons Required. I'm changing things up this time around. Normally, the theme is vegetarian soups and salads but this month I want to challenge you to come up with a bread recipe that goes well with soups and salads. Quick breads, such as scones, biscuits and muffins, or yeast breads; whatever you think might go well with your favorite soup or salad is welcome. I also encourage you to mention and link to a salad or soup that would go well with your bread creation. I will except entries until the 20th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment