Thursday, February 28, 2008

An interlude

I don't usually participate in memes because I spend an inordinate amount of time in front of my computer, and as Peter notes, it's challenging enough to cook and share recipes with valued readers, let alone visit all of my favorite blogs. It's not that I don't appreciate the gesture, but these memes can be time consuming provided one wants to put some thought into their responses. However, I will make an exception in this case because Lisa's Kitchen has been tagged at least four times this week. First, by Pretty Baker, who requests 5 facts about me, and then by Alice; the object of the game in this instance is to share 6 non-important facts, quirks or habits about yourself. I was subsequently tagged by Astra and Divya who also want me to share 5 facts about myself.

Because it will likely be a while before I provide inconsequential information about myself in this manner, I'm going to list 10 facts here. I'm also going to break the chain by not tagging anyone, but I invite whoever is so inclined to play along in the comment section.

1. I've been a vegetarian for 17 years, and have smoked for roughly the same amount of time.

2. I'm a huge red wine fan.

3. I virtually never wear pants, even in the winter, preferring skirts and dresses instead.

4. The last time I can remember turning on my tv was September 11, 2001, though I have watched countless hours of South Park and Lost on my computer.

5. I wear 14 earrings and 25 rings at all times.

6. I can't stand shopping and would rather stay home and do laundry if given a choice.

7. I live with a black cat named Hobbes, and an attentive and giving man that I wouldn't trade for the world.

8. I run a Mac and have for many years.

9. I don't like talking on the telephone.

10. My office chair is my sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment