Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Satyamev Jayate : A revolution in its way





I generally don't watch TV serials or reality shows, as I feel boaring and think they might be scripted. Recently saw many promotions about Amir Khan's "Satyamev Jayate". Again the similar thoughts started appearing in my mind, like it is another reality show and definitely with some new in it as Amir Khan is hosting that.

But my thought completely changed when I noticed last week when my wife watching the repeated telecast of first episode. I kept silent and finish the complete episode like a small boy finishes his meal with any trouble.

I was not amazed with the presentation of the show or watching Amir Khan in such a role. But the striking factor was the topic "Number of female actually gone so down in some places that people openly purchase girl". I could not even think about that, it actually exists.

Actually 2 years back I watched a movie "Matrubhumi" of Tulip joshi. The story of that movie was in a village there was no girl child and every man is looking after a girl to marry. In that village a family gave birth to a girl, but they brought up her as a boy so that no one can notice her. But one day someone discovered that and finally her father was convinced with huge money to give that girl to a family of 5 men. I can't tell further what I have seen in further in this movie.

That day I thought, it’s a fictitious story which may be our future. But really could not able to think that some day similar thing can happen. But after watching that story, I was completely shocked. It actually exists in reality and in our country. This is completely inhuman.

Everyone knows we came from our mother's womb. Then one day how can we kill a new life inside the womb itself, as it’s a girl. Even it’s completely illegal to identifying sex before birth. But doctors are primarily involved in this just for some money.

I don't know who is the culprit behind this, but I think only women can stop this to happen. Even in TV serials also we can see "Sasu ma" wants a boy only. If that is a girl, she has to die. How come "Sasu ma" forgets that, she is also a woman and she might not be even in this world if her mother thought that way.

I am not saving men here. But definitely I think the initiative can be taken from the female member of a family. This is a very down market mentality to support a boy and deprive a girl. Everything has its own ratio in this eco system. If this ratio breaks, then no one can breathe easily.

Hats off to Amir Khan. Like all his movies, in TV also he started with a super hit show. I would rather say it could be a revolution. Already many things started moving after the show.

Amir Khan's "Satyamev Jayate" is going to create a huge revolution in coming days and I believe only we, the people can make this kind of show a success. This will be the success of humanity.

I would like to hear from you as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment