Saturday, September 24, 2011

Aloo Tikki Burger


Today I ll post a different recipe, besides our regular food.

Its Aloo tikki burger.I had it last week in Mc Donalds obviously. Everybody know that food.Its a very popular snack these days, specially for children.

I tried this in my style at home,I used egg also in that aloo tikki. I just cant believe it was so much preferred by my family.Its really tasty.

But the preparation is stepwise.So lets find out the recipe..........

Preparation Time : 30 min
Ingredients:
1 onion finely chopped
2-3 boiled potatoes
1 chopped carrot
1 egg
1 cup flor(Maida)
Burger bread cut in 2 pieces
1 tbsp raw jeera(cumin)
2 chopped green chilli
1 tbsp ginger
Salt to taste
Little sugar

How To Cook:
We ll start with the Aloo tikki preparation. Take a bowl, put smashed boiled potatoes,salt,maid and make a dough and keep aside.

Now heat oil in a pan and add the raw jeera.Wait for jeera to fry and then add onions & chopped chilli. Fry for few min.Add chopped carrot and salt.Now fry the mixture till fry.

After properly frying them, Add the egg and scrubble them all together. It ll be like egg bhurji.

Now there are 3 ways to make the aloo tikki.
1) You can stuff this mixture and make aloo balls.I followed this one.Definately to add extra taste.
2) Mix Aloo dough with the egg stuffing and them make them ball shape.
3) Or else you can simply use the allo dough(without egg stuffing)

After deciding the which aloo tikki ll choose, its time to finish the aloo tikki part.

In deep fried pan, fry the each aloo tikki till color changed to dark complextion. The size will be as per your choice. I made them quite large, as my family preferring.

Now in the bread pieces add little butter and toast lightly. Piece onions, cucumber,carrot and tomatoes as we generally put in burger.

Now its time to merge them all.

Have it with tomato/chilli choice.

Enjoy eating!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment