Saturday, August 30, 2008

Plagiarism Alert

Earlier this morning, a comment was left on my blog alerting me to the fact that my pictures and posts were being reproduced without my permission at http://www.easyfastfood.com. When I first went to investigate, a link to my website wasn't even provided. Later on, a message appeared at the bottom of each post indicating it is part of an auto search RSS feed. My pictures had also been lifted and used to decorate their front page. I don't really have a problem with websites linking to my recipes via an RSS feed, but it is theft to reproduce posts in their entirety without permission. The structure of the site is such that it seems like the content has been generated by the webmaster, or at the very least, like it comes from willing contributors. Other bloggers might wish to take note, as my site is not the only one being pillaged for material.

Plagiarism is unfortunately a common occurrence in the blogosphere. To have someone lift the fruits of your unpaid labor for their own gain, the content you work so hard to provide to your readers free of charge, is simply odious. So angered am I that I am led to reconsider my efforts here.

I left a comment asking that my material be removed from their website. Fortunately, it appears as if the owner(s) of the site have complied. If material from your website is appearing there, you may wish to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment