Saturday, August 16, 2008

Parmesan Potato Puff

Normally when I pay a visit to my Dad, I end up spending several hours in the kitchen cooking up special meals. Despite the torrents of rain that kept me inside, I just didn't feel like fussing around much this past weekend as I have been out of the habit of cooking up more elaborate meals these days. Summer time calls for easier preparations for nourishment. Not wanting to miss the opportunity to cook in my Dad's fine kitchen, nor desiring to leave all the dinner preparations up to him, I did decide to whip up a simple potato dish to accompany one of our meals. For dessert, Dumplings in Blueberry Syrup.
Parmesan Potato Puff

2 pounds of potatoes
2 tablespoons of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 –1/2 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese


Cook the potatoes until they are tender. Drain well, and mash. Season with salt and pepper, add the butter and milk and whip until the potatoes are light and fluffy.

Grease a small casserole dish. Beat the egg yolks well. Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Stir the spices and Parmesan into the mashed potatoes. Now beat in the egg yolks. Fold in the egg whites. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned.

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment