Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chocolate Cocoa Brownies with Dried Cranberries and Chickpea Flour

I'm a savory type of gal, so it's not often that I bake sweet creations. Still, it's fun to share tempting treats with friends and besides, I am still on a quest to make the perfect moist and fudgy brownie. I must say my latest creation comes close. These brownies are actually made with chickpea flour instead of wheat flour, meaning they are gluten-free. You honestly won't be able to tell they aren't made with traditional flour. Serve them up to some friends without telling them if you doubt it. I based the recipe on this one that I found at Lucullian Delights. I'm not fond of nuts in brownies, but I have discovered that I rather like dried fruit in brownies, so I added some dried cranberries. The cranberries proved to be a pleasing accompaniment to the chocolate and added some chewiness besides.

But brownies really need no introduction; without further ado, onto the recipe.

Chocolate Cocoa Brownies with Dried Cranberries and Chickpea Flour

2/3 cup of butter
1/3 cup of dark chocolate
3 large eggs
1 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
2/3 cup of dried cranberries
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
4 tablespoons of cocoa
2/3 cup of sifted chickpea flour (besan)


In a medium heavy saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate. Let it cool for a few minutes.

In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Stir in the melted butter and chocolate. Add the salt, cranberries and vanilla and stir to combine. Now add the flour and cocoa and stir until well combined.

Transfer the batter to a buttered 9 X 9 baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.


More brownie recipes from Lisa's Kitchen:
Brownies with Dried Fruit
Cocoa Brownies with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Icing
Peanut Butter Brownies
Quick and Easy Fudgy Brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment