Sunday, December 30, 2007

Spicy Potato Wedges

Although I like potatoes, I don't tend to eat them very often, as I prefer to limit my consumption of carbohydrates. I recently had a craving for potatoes though and decided to make these baked potato wedges which also gave me an excuse to warm up the kitchen with the oven. This recipe turned out better than I imagined and I even went back for seconds. The addition of egg adds a bit of extra crunch to the wedges. 1/2 cup of so of Parmesan cheese would also be a nice addition to this recipe. Dip the baked wedges in sour cream or salsa if desired.
Spicy Potato Wedges

4 large potatoes
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of cayenne
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
dash of turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 - 3 tablespoons of oil


Coat a large baking sheet with oil and set aside. Slice the potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges. Beat the egg in a small bowl, and stir in the spices, salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to a bag, along with the egg and spices, and oil, and shake to coat the potatoes. Spread the potatoes evenly unto the prepared baking sheet. In a preheated 450 degree oven, bake for about 40 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through the cooking time.

Serves 4 - 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment