Saturday, June 9, 2012

Gandharaj lebur mutton curry (Mutton curry with gandharaj lemon)

Gandharaj lebur mutton curry

Recipe Category
Non veg, Mutton
Easy to make at home
Very easy
Ingredients Availability
Look for Gandharaj Lemon
Time to Prepare
40 min
This preparation Serves
2-3 person

Mutton or red meat is not taht much popular at my home. But my hubby loved mutton recipes. So some times he used to have mutton at restaurent or office cafee. But its not like I never eat mutton, but very less. 

So last satarday was a lucky day for my hubby as he bring mutton, because I found a very tempting mutton recipe in my favourite sananda magazine. And I could not stop myself to go for it. Although I did not manage all the ingredients, but I am posting here my version of that recipe. Lets see how to prepare this mutton recipe.

What elements required to make Mutton Curry

Ingredients: 
1/2 kg mutton(cut them in small pieces)
1 gandharaj lemon
2 lemon leaves
1/2 tbsp garlic paste
1/2 tbsp ginger paste
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp jeera powder
1 tbsp dhania powder
2 green chili finely chopped
2 onions (paste them)
Pinch of black paper
Masturd oil
1/2 cup yogurt

How to make Mutton Curry with Gandharaj lebu

  1. Wash mutton properly.
  2. Keep in a big bowl and add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, gree chili and salt.
  3. Marinate them properly and keep in fridge for 1-2 hours.
  4. In a pan heat oil for 1-2 min.
  5. Add onion paste,turmeric powder and keep stiring.
  6. Cook the onions for few min.
  7. Now add other spices, jeera powder, dhania powder and black powder.
  8. Finally add the marinated mutton and mix everything properly.
  9. Gradually mutton will start loosing water.
  10. Mutton will take time to boil, so we will put it in pressure cooker.
  11. So increase the flame and fry the mutton.
  12. When everything looks good, we will add water to make a gravy.
  13. Now add Gandharaj lemon juice and leaves in it.
  14. Now put the mutton in a pressure cooker and wait for 10-12 whistel.
  15. It may be less or more depending upon the water. In my case it took 12 whistels.
  16. Finally a juicy mutton gravy with a very yummy flavour is ready.
  17. Serve hot with boiled rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment